Hey, get me an OS please!

Shopkeeper: Hello, sir. What would you like to have?
Bob: I am thinking of buying a state of the art computer ,I want to choose an OS. What do you suggest?
Shopkeeper: Why don't you go for Windows Vista? It is latest offering from the OS expert, Microsoft, most user friendly OS in the market.
Bob: Hey, But I heard that would be a costly call?
Keeper: Not actually, around 200-300$.
Bob: OMG!! Can't I go for some older stock?
Keeper: You mean older version? Yeah, you have the XP, but they will stop the support for that soon!
Bob: So you can't have the maintanence work done right?
Keeper: Yeah, something like that...
Bob: But someone said there is a free OS called something like Line-X or lean-X or something?
Keeper: I think you are talking about Linux? The Open Source?
Bob: I suppose...
Keeper: Oh, that would be free, you can get the OS for free. Pay only for the support.
Bob: Pay for support?
Keeper: Yeah, not much, a few 100 dollars per year. But you can get without support also. Still you may have hard time finding application softwares.
Bob: You mean add ons?
Keeper: Kinda...
Bob: But, then I could also go for XP...
Keeper: Its your call.
Bob: What about the orange?
Keeper: Orange?
Bob: There is an OS with that name, right?
Keeper: Oh! You mean Apple? They sell the Macintosh OS.
Bob: Yeah, sorry [scratching his head]. I got confused with the name. How about that?
Keeper: It is a neat and sleek option. But, you have to buy the hardware+ software bundle as such from Apple. And it will be priced little..rather little more, steeply.
Bob: Hm....let me think...[thinks for a while]...ok, give me a mouse. That is it.
Keeper: [surprised] What about the new PC you were talking of buying?
Bob: No, I feel it would be better to hire an accountant to do that job! That seems to be cheaper.
Keeper: And this mouse?
Bob: Oh that! I wanted a paperweight with a string... could not find that type anywhere.
[shopkeeper's jaws hit the basement...]

"If you are priceless, there are chances that you may remain worthless."
-sillytech

codevalley